Here are some of the items I purchased locally, either at Wegmans, Geurcio, Five Points Bakery, and the Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market.
- Acorn Squash from Fenton Produce near Batavia, NY (53 miles from Buffalo)
- Cucumbers and Zucchini from Hoeffner Farms in Hornell, NY (94 miles from Buffalo)
- A variety of Hot Peppers from our garden and from Eden Valley Growers in Eden, NY (19 miles from Buffalo)
- Butternut Squash, Sweet Peppers and Tomatoes from Reeves Farms in Baldwinsville, NY (146 miles from Buffalo)
- Green Leaf Lettuce, Romaine Hearts, Cilantro, Escarole, and Concord Grapes from Demarco Farms in Ripley, NY (77 miles from Buffalo)
- Bread Flour and Regional Pantry Sunflower Seed Oil picked up from Five Points Bakery in the city's Westside
- Gimmie Coffee (Not a locally sourced product but, it is roasted in Ithaca, NY. It is also Shade Grown, Organic, Fair Trade, and Bird Friendly.)
Here are three sites that I have been reading a lot of forwards, links, and articles. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I agree to disagree, but they each have a plethora of excellent sources to check out, ideas to consider, and ways to become more involved in the food conversation.