Thursday, June 7, 2012

Haddock with Pesto and Fruit Salad

I've been feeling rather under the weather lately. I still am not certain what that was but suspect the temperature and moisture constantly changing had something to do with it. Because of this I decided something simple yet nutrient dense was in order.
The organic fruits at the co-op looked luscious, so I picked up watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, golden apricots and a mango.
The wild caught haddock from Iceland was firm and without scent. In the produce section I found packs of the Lexington's Local Garlic Scape Pesto. A blend of locally sourced garlic scapes, walnuts, basil, parmigiana cheese, salt, pepper and olive oil. I foil packed each filet with two to three tablespoons of the pesto on top. Sealed the packs up tight and baked them at 400 degrees for about fifteen minutes.
This was so mouthwatering and filling and satisfying, I highly recommend  you give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment