Wednesday, August 3, 2011

First Light Farm & Creamery Double Creme Chevre Cauliflower served with Chiavetta's Chicken


When I went to the Bidwell Farmer's Market the morning of Saturday the 30th, I met Max, a goat cheese maker and co-owner of First Light Farm & Creamery.   We got to talking about my captaining Buffalo in the NY Locavore Challenge and our shared passion for all things cheese and he handed me this container and challenged me to make something with it. Frankly after tasting it at his tent I really wanted to just sit under the tree nearby and eat it with my fingers, but I took his challenge to heart and thought long and hard about what could be made with soft creamy goat cheese. 



Here is my dish:
Double Creme Chevre Cauliflower.


                                             


A brown butter barley roux to start, flavored with Irish Sea Salt and whipped with skim milk till stiff peaks formed. Then half of the container of Thyme and White Pepper Chevre is folded in until fully incorporated.
Separate the cauliflower into large bite sized pieces and pour all of the cream sauce on top. Sprinkle with panko and bread crumbs. I like combining the two for the difference in flavor and crunch. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes, until a very pale golden brown.









Sprinkle with minced parsley just before dishing. 








Serve with Chiavetta's grilled chicken and a large herbed salad.


1 comment:

  1. Annie, this sounds amazing. Thanks for coming up with something both elegant and accessible. I'll give it a try. Enjoyed the rest of your blog too :)

    -Max

    ReplyDelete